Terms of ServiceLast updated 3/23/2022
Please read the Terms of Service carefully before you start to use or access our Services. By using our Services, you accept and agree to be bound and abide by these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms of Service you must not access or use our Services.
Table of Contents
- Age Restrictions
- Changes to Terms of Service
- About Pipio
- User Accounts
- User Content
- Prohibited Uses
- Terms of Service Violations and Termination
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- Payment Methods
- Third-Party Content, Advertisements, and Promotions
- Warranty Disclaimer
- Limitation of Liability
- Governing Law
- Waiver and Severability
- Access of the Site Outside of The United States
- Consent to Use Electronic Records
- Entire Agreement
- Contact Information
The Website and Services are intended for users 18 and older. By accessing or using the Services, You represent and warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years old and that you possess the legal right and ability to enter into this Terms of Service and to use the Services in accordance with these Terms.
Changes to Terms of Service
We may revise and update these Terms of Service from time to time in our sole discretion by posting a revised version on the Website. All changes are effective immediately when we post them. Pipio may provide reasonable notice of any material changes, determined at our sole discretion, by posting the updated Terms of Service on the Website. Any revisions to the Terms of Service will take effect on the noted Effective Date, located at the top of these Terms.
You understand that your continued use of the Website or Services following the Effective Date, means that you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not accept the Terms of Service in its entirety, you must not access or use the Services after the Effective Date.
Pipio provides our Services to help you leverage AI-generated video production. We are proud to provide users with the next generation of video production at affordable prices.
You may register for a user account (“Account”) on the Website. Registered users will be able to access the full array of features found on our platform. In order to register an Account, you will be asked to provide registration information, including your full name and email address, when signing up for an Account. You are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your Account information, including your password. You agree that you are solely responsible for any and all losses incurred by us or any other user or visitor to the Services due to someone else using your Account as a result of your failing to keep your account information secure and confidential. It is a condition of your use of the Services that all the information you provide on your Account will be correct, current, and complete.
You may be able to send communications, submit inquires, and otherwise post content (“User Content”) on the Services. Please ensure your conduct and communications, including your User Content, is accurate and respectful of others. User Content may be visible to all users on Pipio as well as members of the public.
By providing any User Content on Pipio, you grant us and our affiliates, service providers, licensees, successors, and assigns an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty free, fully paid-up, perpetual, worldwide right and license to use, copy, store, perform, display, reproduce, record, play, adapt, modify and distribute the User Content, (ii) prepare derivative works of the User Content or incorporate the User Content into other works, and (iii) grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing in any media now known or hereafter created. In addition, so that Pipio can prevent the use of your User Content outside of the Service, you authorize Pipio to act on your behalf with respect to infringing uses of your User Content taken from the Service by other users or third parties. In consideration for Pipio allowing you to use our Services, you agree that we, our affiliates, and our third-party partners may place advertising on our Services. By submitting suggestions or feedback to Pipio regarding our Services, you agree that Pipio may use and share such feedback for any purpose without compensating you. Our license to your User Content is subject to your rights under applicable law (for example laws regarding personal data protection to the extent any User Content contains personal information as defined by those laws) and is for the limited purpose of operating, developing, providing, and improving the Service and researching and developing new ones.
To ensure a safe and healthy environment, we have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Content for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Take any action with respect to any User Content that we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion, including if we believe that such User Content violates the Terms of Service, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety of users or the public, or could create liability for Pipio.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Services.
- Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Services for any or no reason, including without limitation, for any violation of these Terms of Service.
Because we cannot control what users may post, we are not responsible or liable to you or any third party for any User Content posted by you or any users on the Service. User Content is the sole responsibility of the user who posts it and Pipio cannot guarantee that all User Content will comply with these Terms. Please let us know of any violations of our Content Standards or these Terms by contacting us at: email@example.com
You may use our Website and Services only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms of Service.
You agree not to use the Services:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any "junk mail," "chain letter," "spam," or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Pipio, a Pipio employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or account names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm Pipio or users of the Services, or expose them to liability.
You agree not to use the Services:
- Use the Services in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party's use of the Services, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Services.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Services for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Services.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Services, or for any other purpose not expressly authorized in these Terms of Service, without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Services, including any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Services, the server on which the Services is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Services.
- Attack the Services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services.
With regards to avatars not created by you (Stock Avatars), you agree to not use any Stock Avatars (without Pipio’s explicit written consent):
- In Content for TV broadcasting.
- In Content for "promoted", "boosted", or "paid" advertising on any social media platform or similar media.
- In Content used as or part of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) or similar.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any "junk mail", “chain letter”, “spam”, or any other similar solicitation.
- To portray Stock Avatar in Content in a way that a person would reasonably find offensive, including, but not limited to portraying Stock Avatar as suffering from or medicating for any medical condition, including addiction.
- To portray Stock Avatar in Content alongside or in connection with regulated or not age-appropriate goods or services including, but not limited to alcohol, tobacco, nicotine (including vaping products), psychoactive substances, firearms, gambling, preservatives, sex toys, escort services, dating services, adult entertainment venues and similar.
- In Content in which Stock Avatar is making any kind of statement of opinion, including expressing any personal preferences or experiences as if they are Stock Avatar’s preferences or experiences.
- In Content in which Stock Avatar is making any kind of statement of fact or opinion regarding religion, politics, race, gender, sexuality, or other similar topics that are known to be sensitive to certain demographics.
- To create trademarks, design-marks, service-marks, or other similar protected or registrable rights.
Terms of Service Violations and Termination
Any violation of these Terms of Service shall result in immediate account termination without prior warning to you and without refund applied to your Account. Additionally, any violation of these restrictions may further subject you to liability for violation of Pipio's intellectual property rights and further claims and damages. We may choose to suspend or terminate your Account or ability to access or use the Services at any time, for any or no reason, at our sole discretion, and without notice or liability of any kind. You agree that any violation by you of these Terms of Service will constitute an unlawful and unfair business practice, and will cause irreparable harm to us, for which monetary damages would be inadequate; and you consent to our obtaining any injunctive or equitable relief that we deem necessary or appropriate in such circumstances. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies we may have at law or in equity.
You may terminate these Terms at any time and for any reason by deleting your Account and discontinuing your use of all Services. You may delete your Account by accessing your Account settings on the Website or by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You acknowledge and agree that even if you discontinue your Account, we may continue to display any content that you have provided on the Services.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Services and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to the Website, software, mobile applications, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by the Pipio, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
Pipio hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, limited, revocable license to access and use the Service as set forth in these Terms of Service and expressly conditioned upon your Account remaining active, in good standing, and in full compliance with these Terms of Service. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, or transmit any of the material on our Services except as permitted by this Terms of Service. Further you must not use the Services for any other purposes intended to benefit a party other than you.
The Pipio name, logo, trademarks and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of Pipio or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of Pipio. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on this Services are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Digital Millenium Copyright Act
Pipio respects the intellectual property rights of others and attempts to comply with all relevant laws. We will review all claims of copyright infringement received and remove any User Content deemed to have been posted or distributed in violation of any such laws.
If you believe that your work has been copied on the Website and/or the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “Act”), please email us at email@example.com.
In your message, please provide notice in accordance with the requirements of the Act, including:
- (i) a description of the copyrighted work that has been infringed and the specific location on the Services where such work is located
- (ii) a description of the location of the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work
- (iii) your address, telephone number and e-mail address; (iv) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law
- (iv) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law
- (v) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf
- (vi) an electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest
We offer our Services for a fee. If you choose to register Account to purchase and access these features, we will collect payment information, such as credit card, billing address and other financial account information. In order to use these features, users must provide account information for at least one valid Payment Method, such as your credit card information. For more information on how your personal information is used
By providing Payment Method information through the Services and authorizing payments with the Payment Method, You represent, warrant, and covenant that:
- (a) You are legally authorized to provide such information
- (b) You are legally authorized to make payments using the Payment Method(s)
- (c) if You are an employee or agent of a company or person that owns the Payment Method, that User is authorized by the company or person to use the Payment Method to make payments on Pipio
- (d) such actions do not violate the terms and conditions applicable to User’s use of such Payment Method(s) or applicable law
When a User authorizes a payment using a Payment Method via the Services, User represents and warrants that there are sufficient funds or credit available to complete the payment using the designated Payment Method.
Because the use of any Payment Method may be limited by applicable law or by written agreement with your financial institution, Pipio is not liable to any user if Pipio does not complete a transaction as a result of any such limit, or if a financial institution fails to honor any credit or debit to or from an account associated with such Payment Method. Pipio will make commercially reasonable efforts to work with any such affected users to resolve such transactions in a manner consistent with these Terms.
Third-Party Content, Advertisements, and Promotions
The Website or Services may contain links to third-party products or services, which may be posted by advertisers, our affiliates, our partners, or other users (“Third-Party Content”). Third-Party Content is not under our control, and we are not responsible for any of their products or services. Your use of Third-Party Content is at your own risk and you should make any investigation you feel necessary before proceeding with any transaction in connection with such Third-Party Content.
The Services may also contain sponsored Third-Party Content or advertisements. The type, degree, and targeting of advertisements are subject to change, and you acknowledge and agree that we may place advertisements in connection with the display of any content or information on the Services, including your User Contributions.
WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY. WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCESSIBLE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR THAT THE SERVICES, ANY CONTENT FROM THE WEBSITE, OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THIS SERVICES AVAILABLE ARE FREE FROM ERRORS, DEFECTS, DESIGN FLAWS, OMISSIONS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IN WHICH CASE PORTIONS OF THIS DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE, OR IMPUTED), PRODUCT LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER THEORY, TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES), ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY USE OF, THE INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY MOBILE APPLICATION, WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENT, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN WHICH CASE PORTIONS OF THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ERRORS IN PRICING OR AVAILABILITY OF SERVICES AND PRODUCTS, OR DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT FROM MISREPRESENTATION OF AGE BY A USER OF THE SERVICES. IN NO EVENT WILL PIPIO’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID PIPIO IN THE LAST SIX (6) MONTHS, OR, IF GREATER, ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
You agree to indemnify and hold Pipio, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, any related companies, suppliers, licensors and partners, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless, including costs, liabilities and legal fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (i) your access to or use of the Services, (ii) any violation of these Terms of Service (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you, or (iii) the infringement by you, or any third party using your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. In states where the law does not recognize a cap on liability and/or indemnity obligations, you agree to hold harmless Pipio and be fully responsible for any loss, liability and/or legal fees that arise from the violation of the Terms of Service herein.
These Terms of Service and any claim arising out of these Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Virginia.
After this Terms of Service terminates, the terms of this agreement that expressly or by their nature contemplate performance after termination or expiration will survive and continue in full force and effect. For example, the provisions protecting intellectual property, indemnification, payment of fees, and setting forth limitations of liability each, by their nature, contemplate performance or observance after this Terms of Service terminates. Without limiting any other provisions of the Terms of Service, the termination of these Terms for any reason will not release you from any obligations incurred prior to termination of the Terms or that thereafter may accrue in respect of any act or omission prior to such termination.
You may not assign the Terms of Service, or any of its rights or obligations hereunder, without Pipio’s prior written consent in the form of a written instrument signed by a duly authorized representative of Pipio. Pipio may freely assign this Terms of Service without User’s consent. Any attempted assignment or transfer in violation of this subsection will be null and void. Subject to the foregoing restrictions, the Terms of Service are binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the successors, heirs, and permitted assigns of the parties.
Waiver and Severability
No waiver by Pipio of any term or condition set out in these Terms of Service shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of Pipio to assert a right or provision under these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If any provision of these Terms of Service is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect.
Access of the Site Outside The United States
Given the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules, including, without limitation, rules about the Internet, data, email, privacy, copyright and trademark infringement. Additionally, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
In order to access or use the Website or Services, you must and hereby represent that you are not:
- (a) a citizen or resident of a geographic area in which access to or use of the Website or Services is prohibited by applicable law, decree, regulation, treaty, or administrative act
- (b) a citizen or resident of, or located in, a geographic area that is subject to U.S. or other sovereign country sanctions or embargoes OR
- (c) an individual, or an individual employed by or associated with an entity, identified on the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Persons or Entity List, the U.S. Department of Treasury Specially Designated Nationals or Blocked Persons Lists, or the U.S. Department of State Debarred Parties List or otherwise ineligible to receive items subject to U.S. export control laws and regulations or other economic sanction rules of any sovereign nation
You agree that if your country of residence or other circumstances change such that the above representations are no longer accurate, that you will immediately cease using the Services and Website and your license to use the Services will be immediately revoked.
Consent to Use Electronic Records
In connection with the Terms of Service, you may be entitled to receive certain records from Pipio or our Affiliates, such as contracts, notices, and communications, in writing. To facilitate your use of the Services, you give us permission to provide these records to you electronically instead of in paper form.
This Terms of Service, constitute the sole and entire agreement between you and Pipio and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations, and warranties, both written and oral, to the extent they relate in any way to the Services.
For questions or concerns related to these Terms, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org